Happy Summer! I am 100% a summer girl. I love the longer, care free days of summer. Summer reminds me to savour the simplicity of the season especially when it comes to food, really is there anything better than a slice of juicy, crisp watermelon. If you love watermelon as much as our family does yo need to make this refreshing strawberry watermelon refresher.
This strawberry and watermelon refresher has only 4 ingredients and takes minutes to make after the watermelon cubes freeze. The weather forecast here on the West Coast is calling for hot temperatures and what better way to stay hydrated. Watermelon is a perfect summer fruit, it is super hydrating, containing over 90 percent water. watermelon is also an excellent source of lycopene. Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant which plays a role in cancer prevention and cardiovascular health.
- 4 cups of watermelon, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups of strawberries, sliced in quaters
- 1 tbsp honey
- juice from1 lime
- Place 1 cup of watermelon in the blender and blend until smooth. Pour into ice cube tray and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Place remaining watermelon, strawberries, honey, lime juice, and 8 watermelon ice cubes and blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish wth watermelon and strawberries