Valentine’s day is right around the corner. I wanted to share this simple, delicious and easy to make chia seed pudding with strawberry compote. Not only is this recipe easy to make but it’s incredibly healthy too. Make this chia seed pudding with strawberry compote for that special person in your life.
I was hesitant to share this recipe because it’s so easy to make, but then again life is too busy to stress over what to make. To make this recipe you’ll need:
I topped the chia seed pudding with a strawberry compote, toasted coconut and shredded chocolate, it’s so delicious. The one thing I love about chia seeds, other than its nutritional profile, is its versatility. You see this chia seed pudding is perfect for breakfast or dessert.
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 handful toasted coconut flakes
- n a medium bowl add coconut milk, vanilla, and maple syrup. Stir ingredients well.
- In a medium pot, add coconut oil, frozen strawberries. Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly until strawberries are cooked.
- Place in the fridge for at least two hours or overnight. Stir at least once before leaving overnight.
- Toast coconut flakes until lightly brown.
- Place pudding into cups and top with strawberry compote, coconut, and flaked chocolate.
Healthy benefits of Chia Seeds:
These seeds might be small but they sure are full of nutritional benefits. Did you know these little seeds are the only food to have a medical patent for blood glucose control. Chia seeds are high in fibre, protein, and anti inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds are also a good source of vitamins and minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, and maganese to help support strong healthy bones. Who ever knew a little seed could deliver such a major nutrition punch.
Happy Valentines Day!