I can’t believe August is half over. Summer please stay! The thing I love about West Coast summers, is the abdunance of seasonal produce at our finger tips. The foodie in me get super excited about the summer fruit at its peak harvest. We are eating our weight over in peaches, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and cherries! I am known as the salad girl in our family, I always make some sort of salad for gatherings. I made this summer fruit salad for a recent family bbq and it was a hit. This summer fruit salad with ginger orange sauce is the perfect way to celebrate all the summer flavors.
We are not dessert people. I always put a plate of fresh fruit on the dinner table for dessert, its simple, healthy and satisfying. This salad is so simple, I hesitated to share it, but some of the best recipes are simple but made from fresh, seasonal and local ingredients. Plus who wants to turn on the oven during the hot summer months, not me. I used fresh peaches, cherries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries. The salad uses a variety of summer fruits that were bursting with flavour, but you can use any summer fruit such as apricots. This light yet flavourful summer fruit salad was topped with fresh chopped mint and drizzled a light orange ginger sauce. This summer fruit salad salad is perfect on its own but you could serve it with ice cream or this delicious chocolate vegan avocado pudding.
Summer fruit salad with ginger orange dressing
- 3 peaches, washed and sliced
- 2 cups strawberries, washed and sliced
- 2 cups blueberries, washed
- 1 cup blackerries, washed
- 2 cups cherries, washed (pitted if you wish)
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 inch ginger, slice
- 1 tbsp orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- Wash and slice fruit.Allow fruit to dry on paperIn a small sauce pan, bring maple sryup and water to a simmer. Add ginger ,orange, orange zest. reduce heat to low and simmer for10 minutes. Remove ginger. Allow to coolAssemble fruit on platter, add fresh chopped mint.Toss salad lightly with orange giner sauce
No comments yet.