It’s that time of the year again to dust off the BBQ and fire up the grill. You absolutely want to try these lemon and herb salmon burgers which are perfect for grilling. The lemon, dill, and parsley offer a nice light subtle flavour the whole family will love. These salmon burgers are a new family favourite in our house.
I see myself making these burgers many times over the summer. I prefer salmon burgers because of the health benefits. Omega 3 fatty acids are essential fats that our body cannot make, hence we must get them from our diet. Salmon is a great source of essential omega 3 fatty acids, decosahexenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenic acid (EPA ). Both DHA and EPA play important roles throughout the lifecycle. In cardiovascular health studies have shown omega 3 fatty acids reduce inflammation. Studies have also shown a link between diets high in omega 3 fatty acids and reduction in early Alzheimer’s disease. DHA also plays an important role in brain development in babies, making salmon a great food choice for the whole family.
These burgers are super easy to make with only 8 ingredients. They are also satisfying without leaving you feeling bloated. Remember to buy sustainable fish, look for the ocean wise symbol or ask questions about how the fish is raised and fed from reputable supplier’s.
25 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 lb salmon (sustainable)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of dill
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place salmon, garlic, and herbs in food processor and pulse. Add egg white bread crumbs, lemon zest and juice, and salt and pepper into food processor and pulse until combined.
- Form into patties and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Warm up grill to a medium heat.
- Grill burgers until done approximately 8-10 minutes
- Serve of whole wheat or ciabatta bun with your desired toppings