This salad is so easy to make that I contemplated not sharing it. At the same time healthy eating should be simple, so I thought why not. At this time of the year the farmer’s markets are packed with some of the finest summer produce. Nothing tastes better than fresh summer cherry tomatoes, corn, cucumbers and crisp greens. A simple and delicious fresh farmer’s market salad to celebrate this labour day long weekend.
We eat a lot of salads. I decided to give D a break from kale and used arugula instead. Like kale, arugula is full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. I love the peppery flavour arugula adds to a salad. You can substitute any green in this salad or use a combination. If you want a heartier salad you can add tofu, grilled chicken or salmon fillet. Quinoa would also be a nice addition. I made a simple white balsamic vinaigrette dressing and tossed it lightly.
10 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 4 cups of baby arugula
- 1 cup of corn niblets ( I used fresh corn off the cob)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- Salad Dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the vegetables and toasted pumpkin seeds in a large bowl.
- Toss lightly with salad dressing
- Crumble feta cheese on tops and serve
Happy long weekend!