I love pumpkin! Once the fall sets in I could eat pumpkin all day long, ok maybe not all day. This chocolate chip pumpkin loaf is so delicious, moist and makes a perfect afternoon snack.
This chocoalte chip pumpkin loaf is easy to make, perfectly spiced, and made with real pumpkin. I have been making this for school lunches and the girls love it. You can leave the chocolate chips out but the chocolate lover in me recommends leaving them in. Totally your call.
Health benefits of pumpkin:
Pumpkin is a good source of fibre, vitamins A, C, folate and minerals potassium and phosphorus.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 14 oz can of pumpkin, real pumpkin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degree's F. Line loaf pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over the edges and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, mix together pumpkin, yogurt, egg, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Using a spatula, mix wet ingredients into dry dry ingredients. Combine ingredients, do not over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into pan. Bake for 55- 60 minutes until golden brown. Check for doneness with a toothpick, if tooth pick comes out clean.
We encourage you to curl up on the sofa this weekend and enjoy a cup of tea with this delicious chocolate pumpkin loaf.