Happy Summer! I just love love summer, there is something so amazing about this time of the year. As a foodie and a dietitian, I love the bounty of fresh summer berries. I love the taste of a juicy, fresh, and seasonal berry. I love the taste juicy berries in a crisp. I often will make a crisp for dessert if we are having guests over, trust me if you want to “wow” your guests make this triple berry summer crisp.
Crisps are incredibly easy to make and you will find most of your ingredients in your pantry. Not only are crisps easy to make but they are nutritious and taste amazing, especially when we have an abundance of fresh berries at our finger tips.During the summer months, I add fresh, local seasonal berries that the girls and I have picked, but you can easily substitute the berries for any fruit that you have on hand.
Ingredients you’ll need:
Lemon zest and juice
Vanilla ice cream
- 4 cups of berries ( fresh or frozen, I used fresh)
- juice from 1 lemon and zest
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 3 cups of oats (large flake)
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x 13 pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine berries, sugar, lemon juice and zest together. Place in a 9 X 13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, butter, and salt. Place over berries.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until golden brown.
- serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
No comments yet.