I love pumpkin. As soon as fall sets in all I want to eat is pumpkin. Since its been a while since I made chia seed pudding, I thought why not, this pumpkin chis seed pudding is pretty darn good. The girls loved this pudding as much as I did. This pumpkin chia seed pudding is delicious, healthy and easy to make. If you like pumpkin as much as I do, you should make this.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (i used black)
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin, real
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Coconut whip
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir well.
- Place in fridge, after 10minutes stir again.
- Leave in fridge for 4 hours, ideally overnight
- Chill can of coconut cream and a small bowl in fridge over night.
- Add coconut cream and powdered icing to bowl and whip to desired consistency.
- Place chia seed pudding into individual serving bowls and add coconut whip to top.
Health benefits of Pumpkin:
Pumpkin is part of the squash family but can be used in both sweet and savoury dishes. Like other orange vegetables, pumpkin is a great source of beta carotene, which is an antioxidant, which is a precursor to vitamin A. Vitamin A plays a key role in night vision, healthy skin, teeth and immune system. Pumpkin is also high in fibre, vitamins A, C, folate and minerals potassium and phosphorus.