I love pumpkin. As soon as fall sets in all I want to eat is pumpkin. Since its been a while since I made chia seed pudding, I thought why not, this pumpkin chis seed pudding is pretty darn good. The girls loved this pudding as much as I did. This pumpkin chia seed pudding is delicious, healthy and easy to make. If you like pumpkin as much as I do, you should make this.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (i used black)
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin, real
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Coconut whip
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir well.
- Place in fridge, after 10minutes stir again.
- Leave in fridge for 4 hours, ideally overnight
- Chill can of coconut cream and a small bowl in fridge over night.
- Add coconut cream and powdered icing to bowl and whip to desired consistency.
- Place chia seed pudding into individual serving bowls and add coconut whip to top.
Health benefits of Pumpkin:
Pumpkin is part of the squash family but can be used in both sweet and savoury dishes. Like other orange vegetables, pumpkin is a great source of beta carotene, which is an antioxidant, which is a precursor to vitamin A. Vitamin A plays a key role in night vision, healthy skin, teeth and immune system. Pumpkin is also high in fibre, vitamins A, C, folate and minerals potassium and phosphorus.
For other pumpkin recipes that we are loving check out this pumpkin chocolate loaf if your a pie lover this pumpkin pie from foodess is a must.
No comments yet.