I can’t believe its days from Christmas and I haven’t shared these easy to make chocolate coconut macaroon’s with you. I apologize. Like the rest of us, I have been super busy getting ready for the holidays. These chocolate coconut macaroons are super easy to make, super delicious and super impressive. Perfect for the busy holiday season.
I made these cookies for a recent cookie exchange. However, I had a different cookie in mind but couldn’t find sweet rice flour, last minute planning on my part. Another great thing about these cookies is you most likely have all of them in your pantry, no fancy ingredients , and you need only 1 bowl. Shredded coconut, sugar, egg whites, vanilla, slivered almonds, and dark chocolate. Simple but so delicious. These cookies can easily be gluten free if you use gluten free coconut, check the label.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 ounces of high quality dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, sugar, and vanilla. Add coconut and stir well.
- Using a cookie scoop shaped cookies into round balls, leave approximately 1 inch apart.
- Bake until golden brown. Approximately 15-17 minutes.
- While cookies are baking, melt chocolate.
- Once cookies are baked added a couple of slivered almonds and drizzle chocolate on top.
If you are looking to “WOW” your holiday guests this Christmas you need to make these cookies. These easy to make chocolate coconut macaroons are moist, chewy and best eaten with a tall glass of milk.